It's been so long since my last post that I can't decide what news to include or what news to exclude. We've had several birthdays in our family since the last post and one very important birthday will be celebrated tomorrow. Mike turns 51. I have a school board meeting so I can't even cook Mike his favorite meal; however, his mom and I made "Cream Tacos" for him on Sunday. They were so good!!!
In case you want to try them yourself here's the recipe:
Aunt Alma's Cream Tacos
1 medium onion chopped
1 32 oz. jar tomato juice
2 cans chopped green chili
4 gloves garlic - minced
2 C Cream or Whole Milk
10 oz cheddar cheese - shredded
24 corn tortillas
Cook onion and garlic in oil, add chili and tomato juice. Let simmer about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Fry tortillas and set aside. In a large casserole dish, place one layer of tortillas and cover with 2 cups of sauce. Sprinkle with extra cheese. Repeat process and top with sauce and cheese. Can be served immediately or refrigerated and later warmed in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
The recipe sounds plain, but the flavor is so good! They're not too hot, so even my mom can enjoy them. In fact, I know that Sue has prepared these for my parents when they have come to visit here in El Paso.
1 comment:
Hey Wayne may even like those.... Glad to see you posting... we really enjoyed seeing Linda, Nick, the Girls and Zach.
Post a Comment