It's no secret that Kari and Wendy are much better at adding regular posts to their blogs. I wanted to try and post a video just like my sisters have done. Unfortunately, I must have the settings incorrect on my camera. So, rather than an impressive video, I am sharing a picture of the monsoon rains we received yesterday. Actually, the monsoon rains are very common for the desert southwest this time of the year. From late July to early September, we receive 11 inches of our annual average 12 inches in precipitation. Unlike the flood of 2006 where the monsoon season produced 4 times the normal rainfall and caused extensive flooding and damage, this year's season is fairly normal. Aside from having a dirty car and a bad hair day for six straight weeks from above normal humidity, this is a wonderful season for us. The rufus hummingbirds are on their migratory path, the purple sage is in full bloom, and our grass has to be cut every week.
3 comments:
Very sarcastically funny mom, to make an obsolete rain season a 'big deal'... jk, I like it.
That is a good picture... I am sure that you can figure out the video. I have one still to post of Peyton at the pool.
Wendy
Great picture... Love the new layout too.
Post a Comment