I finally put to use my mom and dad's old smoker this weekend. It's the fourth time I have ever used it and we've had it for over a year. I found some really nice pork shoulder along with a brisket at Costco yesterday. Zach and Will helped me prep the meat and get the smoker good and hot before we put the meat on at 2:00 p.m. Saturday. It smoked for about 9 hours and then we put the pork in the oven at 200 degrees until lunch time today. The picture below has the work in progress. The brisket is in the back and the two pork shoulders are in front and on the side. Zach had fun checking the temperature of the smoker and then spraying the pork with apple juice every 1/2 hour.
The finished product was just like my mom's. It was very tender and literally fell apart when we opened up the foil wrapping. 
Along with potato salad, coleslaw and beans we had a hugh feast.

Hopefully, it won't be another six months before we use the smoker again. It really is fun and sure makes everything taste so good.
2 comments:
Looks so GOOD!...I miss the smoked pulled pork.... and brisket...and all of it.
Dyn-O-mite! I knew you could do it. Smoking pork is so easy, and cheap. Your smoker has been faithful over the years to turn out simply super ribs, brisket and pork shoulder. I even managed a couple of beer can chickens once.
Post a Comment